Meme from Anoisblue. This was answered a while back but I still like the answers very much:
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
I don’t like paying the cable bill because it’s a stupidly high amount to pay for lying on the couch like a vegetable when I should be being creative. (Note the sarcasm, althouh I still resent paying for my laziness)
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
My husband and I were shopping at the local mall and after having done all the necessary shopping like socks and things, we treated ourselves to a visit to the great bookstore and bought a new book. We were both tired and outshopped and a bit crabby so we bought mall food to eat and sat reading our books and the newspaper and suddenly we looked up at the same time and I realized how much I adored him. We sat in the swirl of teenagers and families, completely silent in the sea of noise, just staring at each other.
3. Do you regret losing your virginity to who you lost it to?
Not at all. I had fun and it was probably risky but he was my boyfriend and silly about it. It’s a good memory for me.
4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
I would have gritted my teeth and finished high school. I think that despite my good experiences out of school it’s been a detriment to me overall.
5. Name of your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Szabo and I loved her completely, the way that little kids can do. I thought she was beautiful and I wanted to be her when I grew up.
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
I would love to be on Saltspring Island, sitting on the rocks looking over the ocean, just absorbing the air and the smells of salt. Perhaps I would write some or take photos, but the peace would be the main thing.
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I wanted to be a librarian when I grew up. I loved the idea of being surrounded by books. That or to be transported into the world of Battlestar Galactica and save Apollo from a fate worse than death.
8. How many colleges did you attend?
I have attended one and not finished my degree, although I intend to go back.
9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
I didn’t choose it per se. It was from yesterday and soft and comfy. I will change to go out and then I suspect I will wear my new favourite red sweater.
10. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
It’s always too much, but hey we drive so what can you do?
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would it be?
Well I have lots of places in mind, but my top one is Iceland. It’s a country of wonderful, smart people that love their isolation and rugged geography and they have a very high rate of literacy and technology know-how as well.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Slight disappointment that there was no sun shining in the window, but also looking forward to getting up and doing things.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
A whole plotline for a new story that I might never write. This happens every night. I turn the light out and lie there and my mind starts telling stories.
14. Do you miss being a child?
Nope, I’m relatively happy now and childhood was ok, but filled with pitfalls and family icky stuff that I’m glad is mostly behind me.
15. What errand/chore do you despise?
I loathe changing the cat litter. The smell, the mess, the whole package is repellant.
16. Have you ever had a crush that embarrassed you?
Yes, but I’m not sure this is place to elaborate on it
17. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer?
18. Get up early or sleep in?
I love the idea of getting up with the dawn and enjoying the sun and quiet before the city gets noisy, but the reality is that I am also a night owl and stay up too late.
19. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Daffy Duck is pretty awesome all around, and although not a cartoon character per se, I love Sam the Eagle from the Muppets.
20. Favorite thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
Playing computer games with my husband and our online gang makes me very happy. We talk lots and it’s much more fun than sitting and watching tv.
21. Have you found real love yet?
22. When did you first start feeling old?
Hmm, I think on the lead up to 40, but I don’t really always feel old, I just notice that I no longer feel young and energetic. This may change with some significant weight loss and exercise.
23. What makes you admire someone?
I admire honesty, a sense of humour, strength of character, discipline, intelligence, and probably other things, but those are the ones that stand out.
24. Your favorite lunch meat?
I am very fond of turkey at the moment but that may change. Also good ham too.
25. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
I don’t shop in Wal-Mart.
26. Beach or lake?
Lakes remind me of childhood trips to the cottage, so if I’m wanting a place to swim and relax, it would be a lake. Oceans are a bit scary to me, so I love being around them for the sense of power, but it’s an on-land experience for sure. Also, lakes have beaches just like oceans. ( I know, I know, picky, picky, picky)
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Marriage is a commitment that just happens to be a legal and/or religious agreement as well and I think it is still completely valid, we might just need to redefine who can play.
28. Do you own property?
I do yes, oddly enough for me, who thought she never would.
29. Favorite Guilty pleasure?
I have no “guilty” pleasures. It’s a stupid term designed to make me feel worse for that chocolate ice cream, or cookies I chose to eat.
30. Favorite movie you wouldn’t want anyone to find out about?
It doesn’t exist. I am not ashamed of my movie choices. Having said that, there are movies that perhaps would qualify as either silly, tasteless or bad depending on your standards. Bugsy Malone is one, and possibly a whole category for the other: disaster movies. I am a sucker for movies about the end of the world, volcanoes, ice ages, fires, sinking cruise liners, you name it.
31. What’s your drink?
good red wine and for daily drinking, club soda and loose tea.
32. Cowboys or Indians?
33. Cops or Robbers?
Cops, but a dashing villain is never out of place
34. Who from high school would you like to run in to?
Not anyone specifically, but I would like to see what some of them look like now.
35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
CBC ( Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, a bit like NPR in the U.S.)
36. Norm or Cliff?
Neither, I never really liked the show or watched it much.
37. Grey’s Anatomy or The Office?
Neither, I don’t watch em.
38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
I wish I’d been kinder and less snappy over the years.
39. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
Absolutely, it’s my husband right now, and I adore him
40. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Neil Gaiman. He seems to have a fabulous sense of humour and I would love to talk writing with him.
41. Indoors or Outdoors?
It all depends on the mood and inclination. I do tend to like curling up on the couch with my favourite blanket and a book, but I also can be moved to walk down the street to go look at the ocean.
42. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
I’ve been in one bad crash as a teenager, but never crashed my own.
43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
Never, thank goodness.
44. Last book you read?
The Watchmen, by Alan Moore
45. Do you have a teddy bear?
No, I have two octopuses and a raven.
46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
At the Peace Camp on Parliament Hil underneath of mock-up of the cruise missile
47. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go?
Alameda, I have some online friends there and this area and San Francisco look fascinating as well
48. Do you go to church?
Never have and never will I would imagine.
49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Probably a new career, I’ve been married for a long time and the idea of starting all that over again is not as appealing as it once was.
50. How old are you?
Same age as the 100 year anniversary of my country.